CHICHARRON EN SALSA ROJA (PORK CRACKLING WITH RED, SPICY SAUCE …
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: Plato principal
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|150 gr (5,3 oz) pork cracklings|
|680 gr (1.5 lb) tomatoes|
|2 pasilla chillies|
|chile de árbol chillies (read notes)|
|75 gr (2/3 cup) onion|
|1 garlic clove|
|1 tbsp pork lard|
- Place the tomatoes and chillies in a pot. Cover with water and boil until the chillies are soft and the tomatoes begin to peel (about 10 minutes).
- Let tomatoes and chillies to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a blender. Add two or three cups of the cooking water, the onion and the garlic. Blend for 10 seconds or more (SEE NOTES).
- In a saucepan, heat the pork lard over medium heat. Add the sauce that you just prepared and a pinch of salt. Mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the sauce starts to simmer, add the pork cracklings then with a spoon push them down so that they begin to soak up the sauce.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes with the pan covered, always checking that there is a little sauce and the cracklings do not dry out (see video).
- When the sauce has thickened and chicharrones are soft, adjust salt to taste, turn off the heat and let chicharrones en salsa roja sit for 10 minutes before serving.
ServingSize 1 grams