CREAMY POLENTA WITH GARLIC AND BASIL BUTTER | CHEESE RECIPES | JAMIE …
|1 bulb of garlic|
|200 ml milk|
|200 g polenta|
|1 large bunch of fresh basil|
|125 g butter|
|1 whole nutmeg for grating|
|75 g Parmesan cheese plus extra to serve|
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Peel away all but one of the papery layers from the garlic bulb, then slice off the top centimeter, revealing a cross-section of the cloves.
- Place the garlic on a sheet of tinfoil, drizzle with oil and rub it into the bulb. Wrap it up, pop it on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, removing the foil after 20 minutes, until it’s soft. Leave it to one side to cool a little.
- Pour the milk into a large, heavy pan along with 800ml of water and 1 teaspoon of sea salt and bring it to the boil.
- Pour in the polenta in a thin stream, whisking all the time so it thickens as you go. Keep whisking for 2 to 3 minutes over a high heat.
- Turn down the heat to the lowest setting and cook it for about 40 minutes, or until the polenta starts to come away from the pan, stirring every 5 minutes to stop it sticking.
- Melt the butter, then pop half of it into a blender with the basil. Squeeze all of the garlic cloves out of their skins (discarding these) and add them to the basil, along with a good grating of nutmeg.
- Blitz to a vibrant green butter, then pour it into a small pan. Warm it through gently over a low heat, then set aside.
- When the polenta is ready, finely grate in the Parmesan and stir in the remaining butter. Serve immediately with the basil butter drizzled over the top, finished with an extra grating of Parmesan.
Calories 272 calories, FatContent 17.4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 10.2 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 6.7 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 22.4 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 1.6 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
PROPER POLENTA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 liter (34 ounces, or a little more than a quart) water|
|8 ounces (250 grams) instant polenta|
|8 ounces (2 sticks) butter|
|2 handfuls grated Parmesan|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Bring the water to boil in a large pan. Slowly stream in the polenta, whisking continuously. Once it’s mixed, continue to stir over the heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the butter and Parmesan. You can add a little more water to make it the right consistency. Season and serve straight away.
BAKED POLENTA CHIPS RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE POLENTA RECIPES
Provided by: Jennifer Joyce
Total time: 50 minutes
|400 ml organic vegetable stock|
|150 g quick-cook polenta plus 2 tablespoons for dusting|
|40 g Parmesan cheese plus extra to serve|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|50 g pine nuts|
|½ a clove of garlic|
|50 g Parmesan cheese|
|1 bunch of fresh basil|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tablespoons white wine vinegar|
- Bring the stock to the boil and slowly whisk in the polenta, stirring constantly. Add a pinch of sea salt and, after a few minutes, once thickened, finely grate in the Parmesan and stir in the oregano.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20cm square tin and pop in the fridge to chill and firm up, about 1 hour.
- For the dip, toast the pine nuts in a dry pan, then tip into a food processor. Crush in the garlic and grate in the Parmesan, measure in 60ml of extra virgin olive oil, then add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined but still coarse. Season to taste, and scrape into a serving bowl.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC/425ºF/gas 7.
- Cut the chilled polenta into chips and brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Dust with the extra polenta. Arrange on a greased baking tray in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Serve the hot polenta chips with some extra Parmesan grated on top, and the pesto dip on the side.
Calories 480 calories, FatContent 33.3 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 7.6 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 13.5 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 30.9 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 0.9 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.74 g salt, FiberContent 1.7 g fibre