CHEESE AND BACON SWIRLS | TASTEMADE
Provided by: Tastemade
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1 pack all butter puff pastry|
|5 back bacon rashers, sliced into 1 centimeter strips|
|3/4 tub cream cheese|
|75 grams cheddar, grated|
|1 onion, diced|
|Handful of parsley, chopped|
|Salt & pepper to season|
|1 egg, beaten|
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry and spread cream cheese all over the surface.
- Sprinkle evenly all over with cheddar, onion, bacon rashers, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Then roll up one end until you've made a swiss roll.
- Using a sharp knife, slice up into 1inch segments and place on the baking tray. Brush over with egg wash.
- Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes until golden.
CHEESE & BACON TURNOVERS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Anna Glover
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry|
|3 tbsp soft cheese|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)|
|6 rashers dry-cured smoked bacon|
|100g mature cheddar, gruyère or Swiss cheese, grated|
|1 egg, beaten|
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Unravel the pastry on the sheet of baking parchment it comes with, and cut into six squares. Mix the soft cheese with the mustard, if using, and a good grinding of black pepper. Divide between the middles of the pastry squares, and smooth over in a diagonal line from one corner to the opposite side.
- Lay a bacon rasher over the soft cheese, then scatter over the cheese. Brush the two exposed corners of pastry with beaten egg, and fold over the top of the filling to join together. Brush the tops with more egg, then slide the baking parchment on to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 mins until the cheese has melted and the pastry is golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack for 5-10 mins before serving warm. Will keep chilled in an airtight container for two-three days.
Calories 366 calories, FatContent 27 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 13 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 17 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 1 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 13 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.52 milligram of sodium
CHEDDAR AND BACON PINWHEELS RECIPE | JEFF MAURO | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Total time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 24 pinwheels
|8 slices bacon|
|6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature|
|6 scallions, green part only, thinly sliced|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 sheets frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed|
|All-purpose flour, for dusting|
|4 ounces Cheddar, grated|
|1 large egg|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and allow to cool slightly, then finely chop. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese and scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured work surface. Lightly roll each piece of pastry into a 10-inch square. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the entire surface of each piece of pastry, leaving a slight border around the edges. Sprinkle the Cheddar and bacon in an even layer over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Tightly roll each pastry sheet into a log (jelly roll style), then pinch the seam closed and place seam-side down on the work surface.
- Using a sharp knife, cut both logs crosswise into 12 pinwheels each, approximately 1 inch thick. Transfer 12 pinwheels to each prepared baking sheet, spiral-side up. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon water until combined to make an egg wash. Brush the tops and sides of the pinwheels with the egg wash.
- Bake the pinwheels until puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.