SHRIMP CEVICHE AND AVOCADO SALAD – SKINNYTASTE
|28 extra large shrimp (cleaned and deveined (11 oz))|
|1/2 red onion (sliced)|
|2 garlic cloves (crushed)|
|12 grape or cherry tomatoes (halved)|
|2 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup white wine vinegar|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1/2 jalapeno (diced fine)|
|2 tbsp clam juice|
|1/8 tsp cumin|
|1/8 tsp pepper|
|1/2 tsp raw honey (omit for Whole30)|
|4 cups arugula|
|2 medium Haas avocados (10 oz total)|
- Boil a large pot of water, add the shrimp and cook until just opaque, about 4 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to an ice bath to prevent further cooking.
- In a large bowl combine the onions, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil jalapeno, clam juice, cumin, and honey; mix to combine.
- Add the shrimp and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- To serve cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and skin.
- Divide arugula in 4 dishes, top each with 1/2 avocado and top with ceviche (about 1/2 cup-7 shrimp each).
ServingSize 7 shrimp + 1/2 avocado, Calories 254 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 13 g, ProteinContent 18 g, FatContent 16 g, CholesterolContent 113 mg, SodiumContent 454 mg, FiberContent 6 g, SugarContent 2 g