INSTANT POT RICE – EASY AND FOOLPROOF RECIPE!
Provided by: Kristine Rosenblatt
Categories: Side Dish
Total time: 34 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
|2 cups long grain white rice (such as basmati or jasmine)|
|2 cups water|
|½ teaspoon Kosher salt (optional)|
- Place rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cool water. Drain rice and transfer to Instant Pot.
- Add water to the pot, and salt, if desired. Stir.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
- Use the Pressure Cook or Manual function to cook at high pressure for 4 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to reach pressure and then the cook time will begin counting down.
- When the cook time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 15 minutes by leaving the Instant Pot alone.
- Carefully turn the steam release valve to the venting position to quick release any remaining pressure. When the pin drops down, open the Instant Pot lid.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve.
ServingSize 1 cup, Calories 225 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 49 g, ProteinContent 4 g, FatContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 201 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 1 g