SPICED CALABAZA: CALABAZA EN TACHA RECIPE | AARÓN SÁNCHEZ …
|1 cone piloncillo|
|1/2 cup granulated sugar|
|1 cup water|
|2 sticks canela (cinnamon)|
|1 cup orange juice|
|1/2 pound unsweetened butter|
|2 medium size calabazas, seeded and quartered|
- Begin by making the glaze in a pot. In a medium sauce pot on a medium flame, add piloncillo, sugar, and the water. It should take about 10 minutes for the sugar to dissolve. Add canela and orange juice, cook for another 10 minutes and then begin to whisk in butter. Place quartered pumpkins on a sheet tray, and pour spoonfuls of glaze on each piece. In a preheated 400-degree oven, cook calabaza for 20 minutes until roasted through.
ENCHILADAS CALABAZA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 enchiladas, 6 serving(s)
|2 -3 lbs butternut squash, baked, filling mashed|
|6 ounces cream cheese, cubed|
|4 scallions, sliced|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/4 teaspoon coriander|
|1/4 teaspoon oregano|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 pinch cinnamon|
|12 corn tortillas|
|12 ounces salsa|
|1 cup grated cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix squash, cream cheese, scallions and spices until smooth.
- Warm tortillas in hot skillet until pliable.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup of filling, Roll tightly and place in baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour salsa over filled tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover dish with foil, bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Calories 351.9, FatContent 16, SaturatedFatContent 8.7, CholesterolContent 43.3, SodiumContent 743.3, CarbohydrateContent 46.3, FiberContent 7.3, SugarContent 6.7, ProteinContent 10.7
CALABAZA CON POLLO (CALABAZA SQUASH AND CHICKEN) | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: mari9807
Categories: Mexican Chicken Main Dishes
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs|
|1 tablespoon salt|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 calabaza squash, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes|
|1 medium zucchini, cubed|
|1 medium yellow squash, cubed|
|1 medium tomato, chopped|
|1 medium yellow onion, chopped|
|1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained|
|1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add chicken thighs. Continue to boil until no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Drain, reserving 2 cups broth. Shred or chop chicken and set aside.
- Mix salt, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add calabaza squash, zucchini, yellow squash, tomato, and onion. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Add corn, followed by tomato sauce, dry spice mixture, and chicken. Pour in reserved 2 cups chicken broth. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and let simmer over medium heat, 20 to 30 minutes.
Calories 378.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.5 g, CholesterolContent 105.1 mg, FatContent 16.5 g, FiberContent 4.8 g, ProteinContent 32.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, SodiumContent 1283.8 mg, SugarContent 7.2 g