BRAISED SEAFOOD TUBES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Total time: 40 minutes
|2 slices crustless white bread (torn into pieces)|
|0.375 cup milk|
|0.875 cup fish stock|
|3 Tbsps olive oil|
|1 onion (finely chopped)|
|3 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)|
|2 large, red chili peppers (finely chopped)|
|3 Tbsps fresh Basil (chopped)|
|1 egg yolk|
|40 Squid tentacles (cleaned)|
|40 Squid tentacles (cleaned)|
|0.375 cup white wine|
|2 cups canned Cherry tomatoes|
|1 Tbsp fresh Basil (chopped)|
- Soak the bread in the milk for 5 minutes and squeeze to remove any excess milk.
- In a medium pan, bring the fish stock to a simmer. Add the shrimps and simmer until they become pink in color. When they are cooked, remove the shrimps, retaining the fish stock. Chop the shrimps.
- Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a large pan over a low temperature, add the onion, 1 crushed garlic clove and 1 of the chillies and cook until softened but not colored for about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp basil, chopped shrimps, bread and egg yolk. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the mixture is fairly dry, stirring all the time to prevent it sticking.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag. Pipe the stuffing into each squid tube so that it is three-quarters full and carefully secure each squid tube with a cocktail stick. Set aside the tentacles.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet (frying pan) and add the squid tubes. Cook for about 10 minutes until lightly browned on both sides, turning frequently using the cocktail sticks. When the squid is golden-brown remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the remaining chili and the two crushed garlic cloves to the pan and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the white wine and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved fish stock and the tomatoes to the pan and simmer until the sauce is thickened. Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with the chopped basil, to garnish. Just before serving, rub the tentacles with olive oil. Add them to a hot griddle pan and cook for about three minutes until browned. Serve with the stuffed squid and tentacles and alongside.
BRAISED SHRIMP — MORE THAN GOURMET
Provided by: More Than Gourmet
|4 slices bacon, cut crosswise in thin strips|
|2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|Salt and ground black pepper|
|1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced|
|2 teaspoons Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or 4 teasppons Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate|
|1 cup hot water|
|2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter|
- Add bacon to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, about 10 minutes, or until bacon is almost crispy.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium high, add Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate and water and bring liquid to a simmer. Cover skillet and cook about 2 minutes, until shrimp are opaque and slightly curled.
- Remove pan from heat and add parsley and butter, stirring until butter melts. Taste and season as needed with more salt and pepper.