BOJANGLES BISCUITS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 22 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|2 cups self rising flour|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar|
|1/2 cup vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)|
|1 1/2 cups buttermilk|
- Melted butter (about 1/4 cup)|Stir together the flour, baking powder & 10 x sugar.
- Cut in the shortening until pieces are about the size of grains of rice. Stir in the buttermilk.
- Knead a few times, roll out on a floured board or counter top to 3/4−inch.
- Be careful not to work dough too much or add too much flour, or you’ll have dry biscuits. Cut with an oversized biscuit cutter (about 3 inches).
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes in a preheated 450 degree oven.
Calories 245.3, FatContent 13.5, SaturatedFatContent 4, CholesterolContent 1.8, SodiumContent 535.9, CarbohydrateContent 26.3, FiberContent 0.8, SugarContent 2.9, ProteinContent 4.6
COPYCAT BOJANGLES’ BUTTERMILK BISCUITS RECIPE
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes0S
Prep time: 30 minutes0S
Cook time: 1 hours 20 minutes0S
BOJANGLES STYLE BISCUITS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Amanda Hyatt @Passion4Cooking
Prep time: 15 minutes
|2 cup(s) self rising flour. white lily if you can find it|
|2 teaspoon(s) baking powder|
|2 teaspoon(s) confectioners’ sugar|
|1/2 cup(s) crisco vegetable shortening|
|1 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk|
|1/4 cup(s) butter, melted|
- Preheat oven to 450
Stir together the flour, sugar, and baking powder
- Cut the shortening into the flour mixture until pieces are about the size of grains of rice. Stir in buttermilk.
- knead a few times, then roll out on floured board or counter top to 3/4 inch thickness. Be careful not to work dough too much, or add too much flour, or you’ll end up with dry biscuits.
- Cut with an over sized biscuit cutter (about 3 inches). Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes until golden brown and not doughy in the center. Brush with the melted butter when you take them out of the oven.