EASY CHEESE QUESADILLAS RECIPE – MELANIE COOKS
Provided by: MelanieCooks.com
Categories: Appetizer,Main Dish
Total time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|2 8-inch flour tortillas|
|1/2 cup shredded cheese|
|1/2 tbsp oil|
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shredded cheese on half of each tortilla and fold the other half over the cheese (so the cheese is inside of folded tortilla).
- Put folded tortillas on a frying pan and cook for 3 minutes (or until the bottom is golden-brown). Carefully flip the quesadillas over with a spatula, and cook on another side for 2 minutes (or until golden-brown on both sides).
- Remove the quesadillas from the frying pan and serve immediately.
Calories 205 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 16 g, ProteinContent 9 g, FatContent 12 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, CholesterolContent 22 mg, SodiumContent 381 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BEST SHEET PAN QUESADILLA RECIPE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 8 servings
|1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 bell peppers, chopped|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 1/2 lb. ground beef|
|1 tsp. chili powder|
|1 tsp. cumin|
|1/2 tsp. smoked paprika|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|8 large flour tortillas|
|1 c. shredded cheddar|
|1 c. shredded monterey|
|2 green onions, thinly sliced|
|Sour cream, for garnish|
|Pico de gallo, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add bell peppers and onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add ground beef to skillet and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat, then stir in cumin, chili powder, paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- On a half sheet, place 6 tortillas around the edges of the pan so that about half of each tortilla hangs over side. Place another tortilla in the center to cover pan completely, then top with ground beef, pepper and onion mixture, cheeses, and green onions.
- Place another tortilla in the center (on top of all fillings), then fold each tortilla towards center. Place a second baking sheet on top of tortillas (to help quesadilla hold is shape!) and bake until tortillas are beginning to turn crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from on top and continue baking until tortillas are golden and crispy, about 15 minutes more.
- Slice into rectangles and serve warm with sour cream and pico de gallo.