SOUR LEMON DROP CANDY RECIPE – THEFOODXP
Provided by: Yamini Rathore
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 ¼ cups Sugar|
|½ pc Lemon|
|3 Drops of Yellow Food Color|
|⅔ cup Water|
|2 tbsp Honey|
- Take a lemon and grate it with the help of a fine grater.
- Take a saucepan and add measured water and sugar into it and keep it over a low flame.
- Keep stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves.
- Now add lemon zest to this mixture and allow it to boil, you can use a candy thermometer as well to track the temp and it must show around 250 degrees F.
- Now take the pan off the heat and add lemon juice and honey into it. You can add food colouring if you want (it’s optional).
- Again allow this mixture to boil and after it boils, remove the lemon rind and pour this mixture on a greased baking tray.
- Let it cool on its own until it is cool enough to touch and then by using a spoon or your hand, take out the pieces of candy and roll them into a ball and dust with icing sugar.
Calories 28 kcal, SugarContent 10 g, CarbohydrateContent 7 g, ProteinContent -1 g, ServingSize 1 serving