GRILLED-EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Quick & Easy Recipes
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|4 medium tomatoes (1 1/2 pounds total), halved|
|1 shallot, halved lengthwise|
|1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper|
|2 large eggplants (2 pounds total), cut lengthwise into 1-inch planks|
|1 pound fresh salted mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds|
|1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves|
|1 loaf rustic bread, such as ciabatta, for serving|
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush cut sides of tomatoes and shallot with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill, cut-side down, until charred in spots, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until vegetables soften slightly, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop and transfer to a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of eggplants with remaining 3 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until lightly charred in places and almost tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Top eggplants with mozzarella. Return to grill and cook, covered, until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Top evenly with tomato mixture, sprinkle with basil, drizzle with oil, and serve with torn rustic bread.
GRILLED EGGPLANT PARM RECIPE | VALERIE BERTINELLI | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Valerie Bertinelli
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 clove garlic, finely chopped|
|1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|One 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes|
|2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives, chopped|
|1 sprig basil, plus 1/4 cup thinly sliced leaves, for garnish|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 large eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch rounds|
|12 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, olives, 1/4 cup water and the basil sprig and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and discard the basil sprig. Remove from the heat, add the butter and stir to incorporate.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan over medium high. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until well-marked and tender, about 4 minutes per side.
- Spread about a third of the sauce onto the bottom of a small rectangular (8-by-10-inch) baking dish. Top with half of the eggplant and half of the mozzarella, evenly spaced in the dish. Repeat with another third of the sauce and the remaining eggplant and mozzarella. Drizzle with the last of the sauce and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake until the sauce is thickened and bubbling and the cheese is golden in spots, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the sliced basil and serve warm.
BEST GRILLED EGGPLANT RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE GRILLED EGGPLANT
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: gluten-free,healthy,heart-healthy,vegetarian,dinner party,Summer,grilled,side dish
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp. dried oregano|
|1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/4″ rounds|
|1/4 c. crumbled feta|
|2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1/3 c. tahini|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|2 tbsp. water|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
- Make eggplant: Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Brush all over eggplants and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplants until tender and slightly charred, about 3 minutes per side.
- Top grilled eggplants with feta and parsley, then squeeze lemon juice over.
- Make tahini dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, water, and garlic. Season with salt. If dressing is too thick, add more water, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.
- Serve eggplant warm with tahini dressing.