APRICOT JAM RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Megan
Categories: Jams and Jellies
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 5 pints
|8 cups fresh apricots – peeled, pitted, and crushed|
|¼ cup lemon juice|
|6 cups white sugar|
- Mix apricots and lemon juice in a large pot over medium heat; add sugar and slowly bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Continue to cook and stir until apricot mixture thickens, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and skim foam off the top if necessary.
- Meanwhile, prepare jars, lids, and rings by cleaning and sterilizing them in the dishwasher or a boiling water bath. Leave lids in simmering water until ready to seal jars.
- Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving about 1/4 inch of space on top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder, leaving a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place them onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight and the lid does not move up or down at all. Store in a cool, dark area.
Calories 105.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26.9 g, FatContent 0.1 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 0.4 g, SodiumContent 0.3 mg, SugarContent 26.3 g