CUBE STEAK STROGANOFF RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT – BEEF
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings.
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 beef cube steaks (6 ounces each)|
|1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil|
|1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained|
|3 green onions, thinly sliced|
|2/3 cup water|
|1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|7 to 8 tablespoons sour cream|
|Hot cooked egg noodles|
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and salt. Add cube steaks, one at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat. , In a large skillet, cook the steaks in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned and tender. Remove and keep warm., In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Add the water, bouillon and pepper; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil). Return meat to pan; heat through. Serve with noodles.
Calories 428 calories, FatContent 23g fat (9g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 107mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 923mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 42g protein.
EASY CROCK POT BEEF STROGANOFF WITH CUBE STEAK – HICKORY HOLLOW …
Provided by: Miranda Lamb
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 270 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 240 minutes
|1 lb cube steak|
|1 small onion sliced|
|1 package mushrooms sliced|
|1/3 cup carrots sliced (optional)|
|1 3/4 cups beef broth (keep 1/4 broth back)|
|1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce|
|3/4 cup sour cream|
|1 tbsp Dijon style mustard|
|1/3 cup half and half|
|3 tbsp corn starch|
|1 12 oz pkg wide egg noodles (Only use 3/4 pkg if using bag of 16oz noodles)|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|pepper (to taste)|
- Place the cube steak in the bottom of crock pot. Salt and pepper the cube steak.
- Pour the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce on the cube steak.
- Slice onions, carrots and mushrooms. Add them all to the crock pot.
- Turn crockpot to low, cover and cook for about 4 hours. Meat should break about and mushrooms be soft when it is done.
- 1/2 hour before serving mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup beef broth. Add to crockpot and stir.
- Add in the sour cream, half and half, and mustard and stir.
- Right before serving, cook noodles, drain and add to the crockpot. Stir to cover noodles. Serve!
HOMEMADE BEEF STROGANOFF | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Stacy Wood @stacymarie
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|1 1/2 pound(s) cube steak-cut into strips|
|2 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour|
|2 tablespoon(s) olive oil|
|2 tablespoon(s) butter|
|1 medium onion-sliced|
|1 can(s) mushrooms (i use the small can)|
|1 1/2 cup(s) beef broth|
|1 can(s) cream of mushrooms (small can)|
|1 teaspoon(s) salt|
|1 teaspoon(s) pepper|
|1 cup(s) sour cream|
|– cooked egg noodles|
- Place strips into flour seasoned w/salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter.
Remove the steak from the pan.
Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings.
Saute for a few minutes, until the onion is tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour.
Put the steak back into the pan with the onion and mushrooms.
Add the mushroom soup and beef broth.
Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, covered. Adjust seasoning to taste, adding salt and pepper, as needed.
Stir in the sour cream the last few minutes, right before you serve.
Serve over cooked noodles.
STROGANOFF-STYLE CROCK POT CUBE STEAK RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1 lb cube steak (with 4 pieces)|
|1 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)|
|1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)|
|2 tablespoons oil (for browning)|
|1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup|
|2 -4 tablespoons sour cream|
- Rub the cube steak with salt and pepper mixture.
- Flour the cube steak.
- Brown the cube steak over Medium heat on both sides.
- Prepare the soup in a pot according to package direction. Heat through.
- Add sour cream to the mushroom soup and stir until incorporated.
- In the crock pot, layer a bit of soup mixture, cube steak, soup, cube steak and top with remaining soup mix. (You may also just dump the soup mixture over the cube steak in the crock pot).
- Cook on low for up to 6 hours or high for 3 hours. (crock pot only).
Calories 250.1, FatContent 12.7, SaturatedFatContent 2.6, CholesterolContent 3.1, SodiumContent 1108.7, CarbohydrateContent 29.4, FiberContent 1, SugarContent 1.4, ProteinContent 4.6