BANANA CUSTARD FILLING RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|2 1/2 cups sugar|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup cornstarch|
|7 cups milk|
|4 egg yolks, beaten|
|1/4 cup butter, softened|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|9 medium bananas, mashed|
- Combine sugar, flour, and cornstarch in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix well and set aside. Pour milk into a large saucepan, cook over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Gradually stir one fourth of the hot milk into yolks, stir into reserved dry ingredients, and add remaining hot milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats the spoon. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and bananas.
- Let cool to room temperature.
Calories 4938.8, FatContent 128.9, SaturatedFatContent 75.2, CholesterolContent 1116.3, SodiumContent 1208.3, CarbohydrateContent 901.5, FiberContent 29.6, SugarContent 630.5, ProteinContent 84.3
BANANA CUSTARD: THE RECIPE TO CREATE DELICIOUS DESSERTS
Provided by: Cookist
Total time: 20 minutes
|Corn starch, 30grams|
BANANA CUSTARD PUDDING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1-1/2 cups milk|
|3 egg yolks, lightly beaten|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 medium firm banana, sliced|
|Fresh mint, optional|
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir in vanilla. , Cover and chill for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in banana. Garnish with mint if desired.
Calories 235 calories, FatContent 7g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 172mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 125mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 38g carbohydrate (34g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
BANANA CUSTARD ECLAIRS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Cassie Best
Categories: Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 24
|banana chips , to decorate (optional)|
|edible gold spray or leaf, to decorate (optional)|
|200g white chocolate , finely chopped|
|85g lightly salted butter , chopped into small cubes|
|100g plain flour|
|3 medium eggs , beaten|
|2 overripe bananas|
|100g golden caster sugar|
|1 tbsp lemon juice|
|4 tbsp custard powder|
|150ml double cream|
|2 tsp vanilla bean paste (we like this for the seeds, but use extract if you like)|
- Put the butter in a saucepan with 225ml water. Weigh the flour in a large bowl and set aside. Bring the butter and water to a fast boil with a pinch of salt, simmer until the butter has melted, then tip in the flour and beat like mad with a wooden spoon until the mixture is pulling away from the sides of the pan and is lump-free. Tip into the bowl and spread the thick paste up the sides a little to help it cool quickly, then leave for 10 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and cut 2 pieces of baking parchment to fit 2 baking sheets. Using a ruler and a pen, mark 12 lines about 9cm long over each piece, leaving plenty of space between the lines. Flip the parchment over. Fit a piping bag with a large round piping nozzle, about 1.5cm wide. When the flour paste has cooled but is not cold, start adding the egg, bit by bit, beating well between each addition until you have a smooth batter, which will reluctantly drop off the end of your spoon. You may not need to use all the egg, so add it slowly. Transfer to your piping bag and use a little of the mixture to stick the parchment to your trays.
- Pipe the choux onto the baking sheet, using the lines as a guide. Place the trays in the oven and bake for 30 mins until the choux is puffed and golden. Swap the trays around for the final 5 mins. The choux should be crisp and hollow-sounding when tapped. You may wish to sacrifice 1 eclair to make sure that the inside is completely dried out; if it is still moist, the eclairs will sink when cooling. Once baked, leave to cool completely. Can be made 1 day ahead – store in a sealed container, and reheat in the oven for 5-10 mins to crisp up before filling.
- Now make the banana custard. Put the bananas, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor and whizz to a purée. Pour into a saucepan and bubble for a few mins until thickened. Mix the custard powder with 2-3 tbsp of the milk to make a smooth paste, then add the remaining milk, cream and vanilla, and stir well. Pour the custard mixture into the banana purée and continue cooking, whisking, until very thick and smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover with cling film and chill for 2 hrs, or until cold.
- Pick out 24 nice banana chips and place on a tray lined with parchment. Spray with edible gold spray or cover with a little gold leaf, if you like. When you’re ready to assemble the eclairs, split each one along one side. Transfer the banana custard to a disposable piping bag and snip off the corner. Fill the eclairs generously with the custard, lining up on a tray as you go. Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave, stirring every 20 secs or so to prevent it from burning. When the eclairs are filled, carefully dip the top of each one into the chocolate, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Place a gold banana chip on each eclair and set back on the tray for 30 mins or so to set. Serve within 3 hrs.
Calories 167 calories, FatContent 10 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 6 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 17 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 11 grams sugar, ProteinContent 2 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.2 milligram of sodium