ARROZ BLANCO (MEXICAN WHITE RICE) – MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN BLOG
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: side dish
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 ½ cups long grain rice (Mexican, basmati, jasmine, thai)|
|2 ¼ cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)|
|1 small white onion (finely chopped)|
|1 cup diced vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, etc.)|
|1 garlic clove (minced)|
|2 Tbsp vegetable oil|
|2 Tbsp butter|
|1 Tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)|
- Wash the rice thoroughly until the water runs clear. Place it to drain on a colander until is completely dry.
- Heat the chicken stock without bringing it to a boil. Set the heat to low to keep it warm.
- In a frying pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the butter then add the onion and stir-fry over for 5 minutes or until tender and transparent.
- Add the garlic and stir to release its aroma. Add the rice and cook for two minutes stirring constantly.
- Set the heat to high and pour ⅔ of the stock. Add the vegetables and season with salt.
- Bring to a boil and as soon as it starts boiling, set the heat to medium-low and cover the pan.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes and then check that the rice is not completely dry (with a spoon dig into the bottom to see if there is still some liquid). If you notice that the rice is still uncooked somehow, add the remaining stock and keep cooking uncovered.
- Adjust salt to taste. Cover again and let the rice sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, add the cilantro, and then use a fork to fluff the rice. Serve.
Calories 422 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 65 g, ProteinContent 9 g, FatContent 14 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, SodiumContent 132 mg, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 1 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ARROZ PRIMAVERA – COOKIDOO™– THE OFFICIAL THERMOMIX® RECIPE …
Provided by: Vorwerk International & Co. KmG
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 porciones
|250 g de arroz blanco de grano largo|
|50 g de cebolla blanca|
|1 diente de ajo|
|1 cda de concentrado de caldo de pollo|
|20 g de aceite vegetal|
|1200 g de agua|
|35 g de chícharos|
|35 g de zanahoria|
|35 g de granos de elote amarillo|
|1 chile serrano|
|1 ramita de cilantro fresco|
Calories 1196.4 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 222.3 g, FatContent 23 g, ProteinContent 22.4 g